Unrelated Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unrelated Wizards

Unrequited Wenis

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CAMP: Confused About My Partner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

CAMP: Confused About My Partner Empty
PostSubject: CAMP: Confused About My Partner   CAMP: Confused About My Partner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:16 am

Okay so, I have to write an advice column for my English project that's due tomorrow and I was looking up formatting tips, etc. I found this (below) and laughed. Very Happy

"Questions are most often asked 'anonymously', with the signature assuming the problem that is being expressed. For example, someone who is asking about erratic behaviour in their partner may sign their letter "Confused, Johannesburg". On the Internet, a greater variation on the signature theme is often seen. The person's signature may refer to the problem being expressed, but rather in a phrase, which the 'agony aunt' abbreviates so as to spell an appropriate word. For instance, "Confused About My Partner" would become "CAMP". Dan Savage uses this method to comic effect in his Savage Love column."
Back to top Go down
Draco
Slytherin
Slytherin
Draco

PostSubject: Re: CAMP: Confused About My Partner   CAMP: Confused About My Partner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 am

I know SOMEONE is confused about his partner...
Back to top Go down
https://www.emerycat.com/flare/next

PostSubject: Re: CAMP: Confused About My Partner   CAMP: Confused About My Partner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Camp! *plays music*
Back to top Go down
Angelina Johnson

Angelina Johnson

PostSubject: Re: CAMP: Confused About My Partner   CAMP: Confused About My Partner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 pm

SOMEONE is NOT confused about his partner.
Back to top Go down
http://doihaveswineflu.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMP: Confused About My Partner   CAMP: Confused About My Partner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMP: Confused About My Partner
Page 1 of 1