Unrelated Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unrelated Wizards

Unrequited Wenis

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PODCAST!?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ginny Weasley
Admin
Ginny Weasley

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm

I had a wonderful idea. What if we made a podcast?! Like for Itunes? :queen:
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I've always been confused as to what a Podcast is. care to explain?
Back to top Go down
http://iamawesome.com
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:10 pm

That sounds great! ..... Does anybody know how to do that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001280413963
Ginny Weasley
Admin
Ginny Weasley

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:12 pm

A podcast is like a talk show where you just kind of rant on things.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:13 pm

oh i see... how?
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:13 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Back to top Go down
Ginny Weasley
Admin
Ginny Weasley

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Ginny Weasley wrote:
We would have to contact iTunes. But I'm sure if we explain what's going on they'll approve it. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:16 pm

No we don't have to....
Back to top Go down
Ginny Weasley
Admin
Ginny Weasley

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Really?
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Hermione Granger wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:
We would have to contact iTunes. But I'm sure if we explain what's going on they'll approve it. What a Face

THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME :cheers:
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Here's what Andrew says:
How do I create my own podcast?
This is the question that we receive the most. At the same time though, it is also the most complex. Podcasts can be created in a number of different ways, but we think the steps we've outlined below will provide the best results.

The first thing to plan out is the show's format. What segments will be in each show? Who will host each segment? What will the theme of your podcast be? How can you appeal to listeners? Answering these questions and applying the answers to your final show will help it in the long run.

Next, you'll need to decide who will be on the show. We recommend 3-5 people, because any less might make things boring and any more will be confusing for the listeners. It's important to carefully decide your co-hosts. Personalities are everything, and the more diverse you are with your choices, the better.

If your co-hosts will be at their own computers, the solution to talking with one another in real-time is Skype. It's free internet telephony that can let you talk with up to five people at once in a conference.

It's not a podcast without your audio, so your next step is to purchase a microphone. If you're looking for an inexpensive mic to do exactly what you need, we recommend the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone. It costs only $30 and works great for one or more people sitting around it. For those who are a little more serious about podcasting, we give two thumbs-up to the Plantronics DSP-500. Andrew, Ben, and Kevin each use them. The recording quality is great, the stereo headset is crisp, and the headset is comfortable to wear. They run for $90 and plug into your computer via the USB port.

Next you'll need to record what your mic hears. The perfect solution for this is Audacity. It's free and easy to record with. Also download the LAME MP3 encoder so you can turn your show into an MP3 file at the end.

Everything is download and purchased, so it's time to get started. If everyone who is recording is in one room, then just hit record in Audacity and do your show!

If you have co-hosts who are in different homes, then you'll need to start-up Skype. Once everyone is in a conference room, have the entire group press record in Audacity *at the same time* and then talk to your hearts' content.

With that, press stop. You've finished recording!

Now use Audacity to edit the show. We don't want to go through the details of editing, but here's a good tutorial from Macworld.

Now go to File-Export to MP3. Save it to a easy to access spot on your computer and you're done! As for putting it online, you'll need a web server (to host your podcasts and website) and domain name (such as www.mugglenet.com). We recommend our sponsor, GoDaddy.com (save 10% off at that link). Prices are cheap and and will let plenty of people download your sho
Back to top Go down
Ginny Weasley
Admin
Ginny Weasley

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank you Harry.
Back to top Go down
Snape
Slytherin
Slytherin
Snape

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

That sounds soo cool! Cool
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Here's what Andrew says:
How do I create my own podcast?
This is the question that we receive the most. At the same time though, it is also the most complex. Podcasts can be created in a number of different ways, but we think the steps we've outlined below will provide the best results.

The first thing to plan out is the show's format. What segments will be in each show? Who will host each segment? What will the theme of your podcast be? How can you appeal to listeners? Answering these questions and applying the answers to your final show will help it in the long run.

Next, you'll need to decide who will be on the show. We recommend 3-5 people, because any less might make things boring and any more will be confusing for the listeners. It's important to carefully decide your co-hosts. Personalities are everything, and the more diverse you are with your choices, the better.

If your co-hosts will be at their own computers, the solution to talking with one another in real-time is Skype. It's free internet telephony that can let you talk with up to five people at once in a conference.

It's not a podcast without your audio, so your next step is to purchase a microphone. If you're looking for an inexpensive mic to do exactly what you need, we recommend the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone. It costs only $30 and works great for one or more people sitting around it. For those who are a little more serious about podcasting, we give two thumbs-up to the Plantronics DSP-500. Andrew, Ben, and Kevin each use them. The recording quality is great, the stereo headset is crisp, and the headset is comfortable to wear. They run for $90 and plug into your computer via the USB port.

Next you'll need to record what your mic hears. The perfect solution for this is Audacity. It's free and easy to record with. Also download the LAME MP3 encoder so you can turn your show into an MP3 file at the end.

Everything is download and purchased, so it's time to get started. If everyone who is recording is in one room, then just hit record in Audacity and do your show!

If you have co-hosts who are in different homes, then you'll need to start-up Skype. Once everyone is in a conference room, have the entire group press record in Audacity *at the same time* and then talk to your hearts' content.

With that, press stop. You've finished recording!

Now use Audacity to edit the show. We don't want to go through the details of editing, but here's a good tutorial from Macworld.

Now go to File-Export to MP3. Save it to a easy to access spot on your computer and you're done! As for putting it online, you'll need a web server (to host your podcasts and website) and domain name (such as www.mugglenet.com). We recommend our sponsor, GoDaddy.com (save 10% off at that link). Prices are cheap and and will let plenty of people download your sho

Ginny, you are AMAZING. *Kisses* ❤
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm

@Ginny: I don't feel like reading that
Back to top Go down
Draco
Slytherin
Slytherin
Draco

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Harry you stole the words RIGHT out of my mouth. TOTALLY AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
https://www.emerycat.com/flare/next

PODCAST!?! Empty

(musses up Harry's hair) I know!
Back to top Go down
Draco
Slytherin
Slytherin
Draco

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 pm

How would we decide who would be in it? They recommend 3-5 people... I SMELL A DILEMMA
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:24 pm

We take turns, of course! That would allow us to do more episodes!
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Sharing is caring!
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Bella, I thought you've never cared a day in your life...
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I don't think I'd be able to do this, though, guys...
(Hermione! Check your phone!)
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Draco wrote:
Harry you stole the words RIGHT out of my mouth. TOTALLY AWESOME.

Hah. I WIN. I just have amazing ninja typing powers.
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Whoa, do you two actually know each other? Like in REAL LIFE? :o
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:30 pm

@Remus: I have! just not for you...
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:30 pm

My little ninja (makes out)
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Um, no? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yeah. I.........(runs for life)
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Well thanks, Bella. And all this time I was trying to be nice to you.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Slytherin
Slytherin
Draco

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Harry Potter wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:

Whoa, do you two actually know each other? Like in REAL LIFE? :o

THIS IS MIND BLOWING.
Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:33 pm

@ Draco and harry Did the simeltanious Guys and Dolls choreographing not give it away?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PODCAST!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PODCAST!?!   PODCAST!?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PODCAST!?!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unrelated Wizards :: The Potterverse :: this where all the main shit is.-
Jump to: