Unrelated Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unrelated Wizards

Unrequited Wenis

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing Prompt #1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 am

Okay! So, for all you adventurous writers out there, I've got a challenge for you! You are going to write a story that includes:

1. The phrase "Well, if you hadn't been sick at the time, I wouldn't have had to"
2. The words "wind", "sword", "zombie", and "flower"
3. Must contain one Marauder or refer to a Marauder somewhere in the writing
Edit: 3. Must be at least 1,000 words.
Due date: Saturday, May 1st, 1020

Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited by Remus Lupin on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001280413963

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 am

Can we have more guidelines? Like a set amount of words. I think we should post it on this thread as well, and create a category for the prompts. And a due date.
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 am

I was just about to edit it to require that.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:24 am

Ah, yay ^_^
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:31 am

Everyone post comments for this under Quills and Parchment.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Writing Challenge #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 am

(Reposting Remy's challenge)
Okay! So, for all you adventurous writers out there, I've got a challenge for you! You are going to write a story that includes:

1. The phrase "Well, if you hadn't been sick at the time, I wouldn't have had to"
3. Must contain one Marauder or refer to a Marauder somewhere in the writing
Edit: 3. Must be at least 1,000 words.
Due date: Monday, May 10th, 2010

Good luck, and have fun!
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:44 am

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Due date: Saturday, May 1st, 1020

2010** LOL.

Ginny Weasley wrote:

Wind as in the stuff that blows air around or wind as in winding up a jack-in-a-box?
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:55 am

Wait, at least 1000 words? As in we can have more?
Back to top Go down
Invité

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 pm

It looks like it...

Ok, I'm going to try, but this week is TAKs week and I have AP testing around the corner, and sports and community service, so no guarantees.

But VOLDY IS GOING TO TRY, DAMMIT... I'll probably just do it in school.
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Potter

Lily Luna Potter

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 pm

I AM GOING TO WRITE ONE!!! :p I actually have time!
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Word Count: 1,011

Utterly Hopeless
Remus glared across the room as Sirius and his latest conquest lounged on the plush red couch, giggling and whispering to each other like lovers, Lily working on her potions essay by his side. Periodically, she’d look up and sigh, watching Remus scowl. “Rem, you should really tell him how you feel,” she spoke softly, trying not to set him off.
The young werewolf turned and glared at Lily now, arms crossed. “If you hadn’t told him that Jessie was interested, then I’d have told him earlier,” he snapped crossly.
“Well, if you hadn’t been sick at the time, I wouldn’t have had to,” she retorted, growing defensive.
“You never had to in the first place,” Remus mumbled, but became subdued, softening. He let out a groan, resting his head in the crook of his arms, moaning his hopelessness.
“She’s my roommate. She asked me to. I couldn’t say ‘no’,” Lily rolled her eyes, frowning, “and you’re not hopeless. You’re just… crushing. On a boy. You happens to be your best friend…” she trailed off, realizing the true hopelessness of the situation. “Well damn,” she muttered.
“But soft! What light through yonder wind breaks?” The redhead turned to see James Potter gallivanting down the stairs from the Gryffindor Boy’s dorms, grinning widely. “It is the east, and Evans is the sun!”
With an exasperated sigh, she greeted James. “Butchering Shakespeare, I see.”
The young man just smiled in response, sauntering over to the table to sit across from her and Remus. “Anything for my Lily-Flower,” he teased lightly, wriggling his eyebrows in a way that was borderline suggestive.
Another eye roll from Lily made James laugh. Her eyes snapped up and met with James’, green and hazel mixing together. Blushing brightly, she trained her eyes back on her parchment.
“You look like a zombie,” she muttered gruffly to James, huffing.
“Gee, thanks, Evans. You sure know how to make a guy feel special,” however, James laughed lightheartedly, not brought down by her comment. “Tell me, is this how you ensnare all the boys?”
“I don’t ensnare anyone!” Lily hissed, her cheeks growing warmer, a wave of embarrassment washing over her.
“This is true. You’re beautiful, like a rose. But sharp, like a sword. You stab men through the heart with your vicious comments and snide remarks,” his words were joking, but there was a hint of bitterness in his tones.
“If you’re quite done, Potter, I’ll be taking my leave,” Lily glowered at James, feeling as if she was smacked. “You have no right to talk to me like that!”
“Oh, don’t I? You’re nothing but mean to me. Why, the other day you told me to go bugger myself when I simple asked to borrow a quill.”
“Because it was suggestive!” Lily explained indignantly. “Merlin, Potter. You think you’re God’s gift to women. News flash: You’re not.”
Gathering up her books and papers, Lily spun on her heel and exited the Common Room through the portrait hole, thoroughly fed up with James Bloody Potter.

The library was quiet and gave Lily just the right amount of space to fume silently. She sat at an empty table in the back, stacking books in piles around her, to create a small alcove to hide out in. Slumping down in the wooden chair, her face fell into her hands. How dare James say such things to her! She was not vicious, nor snide. At least, not to everybody. She reasoned with herself that James Potter definitely deserved all the snide and vicious comments that were in her. He was, after all, an insufferable stuck up git with a head the size of France. He needed to be knocked down a few pegs, for the good of mankind.
But, on the other hand, Lily found herself feeling bad. Sure, James could be a right asshole sometimes, but he wasn’t truly awful. He had, just that morning, helped a first year get to her class. Lily had watched on and felt a horrible gut wrenching feeling. One of embarrassment and shame. Perhaps she had been wrong to misjudge and jump to conclusions about James. No one deserved to be mocked the way she mocked him.
In all honesty, she was torn. And lately, her shameful side was winning. The one that felt awful for being such an utter bitch to James. The one that was beginning to find his charming smile and scruffy hair attractive. The one that was beginning to dream of kissing him at night.
A pink flush stained Lily’s cheeks and she groaned aloud. Damn that James Potter. He was practically a curse. Frustrated with herself and her thoughts, Lily took out her potions essay, determined to finish and not think of James.
She got three pages in before writing the word ‘flower’ which made her think of his nickname for herself, in turn making her think of James.
Well wasn’t she utterly hopeless? And to think, she had been so good at ignoring James the year before. Why, she’d laugh if someone, last year, told her James was attractive. She’d shake her head and roll her eyes, ranting on about how James was a total prat. Yet, here she was, three hundred and sixty-five days later, thinking about how good James looked when he was concentrating in class, a lock of black hair hanging in his eyes, glasses perched at the bridge of his nose, a determine frown upon his lips.
Lily had to actively stop herself from continuing that thought. This was utterly nonsense. She could not be developing feelings for James Potter. No, it was blasphemy! Besides, he wasn’t her type anyway. She liked smart, studious boys. But then again, he was studying more this year… She often saw him at a table in the back of the common room, chewing a sugar quill, reading up on Transfiguration or Charms. A small wave of hope bubbled up in Lily’s heart. Maybe James Potter was changing… or maybe hoping for such a thing was just utterly ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Potter

Lily Luna Potter

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:04 am

Lily!!!! I love it Smile
Back to top Go down
Storeroom Greengrassi
Slytherin
Slytherin
Storeroom Greengrassi

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 am

LILLERS! ITS AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Invité

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 pm

LILY I GOT THE SUGGESTIVE-QUILL PART:)
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Voldie: What in the name of Merlin's balls are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Invité

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 pm

The-the-the drawing I posted on your wall on facebook that you had already seeeeen
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm

I believe the year 1020 has come and gone. How about making it 2010?
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 am

Oh, shut it, Sirius.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am

Yo, the prompt is due tomorrow. Sooo, if anyone else is writing besides me, you might wanna post it...
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Actually, can we change it to be due next week? Ginny and Hermy are done, but they can't post it 'til Sunday.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Rem: How about it's due Monday this time, but you can still post a new prompt on Sunday
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Lily: ... what? Elaborate on that, please.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Um, I'm not sure how to elaborate... They don't get back till Sunday, so the prompt could be do Monday, but you'd still post the requirements for the next prompt on Sunday
Back to top Go down
President Lupin
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
President Lupin

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Ohhhhhhhh. I get it.
Back to top Go down
Invité

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:20 am

I'm not doing it... No time at all. I tried a bit earlier this week, but I'm having epic amounts of writer's block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing Prompt #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt #1   Writing Prompt #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing Prompt #1
Page 1 of 1