Unrelated Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unrelated Wizards

Unrequited Wenis

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please Read. Please.

Go down 
+2
Nymphadora Tonks
Daphne Greensass
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Please Read. Please.  Empty
PostSubject: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 am

Dear Fellow Members of UW,

As you may know, and were probably part of, there was a fight last night. Not anything bigger than the one over Admins, but still enough to make me cry. And it takes a pretty good deal to make me cry. Unless it's a movie where a cute fuzzy animal dies. Then I cry. But this wasn't. This was a legitamate fight. And now Remus is gone. I'm not sure how well I can RP without him, but I, for one, am going to try.

I know everyone here seems to hqve strong opinions on the subject of OOC vs IC, so I decided to post this. It was very difficult for everyone to be heard last night because all people wanted to hear was their own opinion and things got a bit mixed up and loud and angry. I think that if this works, that won't happen.

What you do on this post is YOU DO NOT DELIBERATELY SHOOT DOWN OTHERS' IDEAS. You post your own ideal for UW. What would make your RP experience PERFECT? How would you like UW to be on a regular basis? Do you like the stricter RP? Completely OOC? That weird strange creature that is Old UW? Post it here.

What I want, personally (AND NO, I'M NOT GOING TO JUST PUT REMUS' OPINION HERE) Is I DO want the old UW a bit. I've got to admit that those were some of the best moments of my middle school life. It was awesome. But some people seem to be remembering a different UW. The way I remember it, we were still in character the whole time, but we'd save the partying til nighttime, almost all the RP was based somewhat off the books or the musical. Which brings me to the next point: If you remember how loose UW once was, you'll remember that it was because Draco was rolling on the floor and Harry was calling him a little shit and that kind of thing. Because of the Starkids, that is IN CHARACTER in my opinion. Snape being a woman, eh, that was a little weird, as was drunk Bella, but they did that consistently. Those quirks became a part of their character. That was being IN CHARACTER for them.
Remember Marauder Saturday? Golden Trio Sunday? Canon Monday? Teacher Tuesday? Deatheater Wednesday? All those other ones? I think we should reinstitute those, but tweak them. How about we have Party Saturday? AVPM Sunday? Strict RP Tuesday? Crack Pairing Monday? OOC Thursday? AU Wednesday? And Friday could be anyone's personal choice. That way, we'd have an equal balance of things and no one would need to complain since anything they didn't like would only last twenty four hours.
And those days are only suggestions. I'm open to suggestions for themes.

Thanks for reading. I hope you took my opinion as seriously as i will take yours.
Sincerely
Sarah Sirius
Back to top Go down
Daphne Greensass

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:26 am

Remus left...? *sigh* I had to log off last night. When I logged off, I did cry a little.... But I had some schoolwork to do so I had to try to focus on other things.
On the subject, I remember UW where we used to talk OOC and IC at the same time without using // messages or () messages or anything like that. It wasn't perfect RPing, but I, for one, had fun. I remember logging onto UW and wondering what was happening and what I had missed. It was easy to tell the difference between IC and OOC without using //'s or any of that.

And then we got more sites. HOU and AU were never really a problem; But UN was. People liked UN. I've got nothing against UN, I mean, I love it! I love the people there, and I love being Switzerland. But it, essentially, broke us into two. There are, of course, other reasons why people left. I know Lily and James and some others don't come on anymore because they want UW to be more like UN. People like Colin and Parvy don't come on anymore because they didn't like the hardcore RPing, they just wanted fun.

I think we tried too hard. We tried too hard to make UW more like UN. They are two completely different websites, and no matter what happens UW is not UN.

Now, I'm not blaming all our problems on UN. We've had problems before.

I think I agree with most of what Siri said... I miss the old silly RPing. And I don't think we need // messages, because the separation was what was breaking us. We used to just have fun and do crazy silly things on here and come up with tons of inside jokes and laugh our heads off. I haven't laughed my head off on here for a while, and I truly miss it. I also like the idea of these "days". It sounds like fun! And I wasn't here when we had those "days" before, so I'd like to try that out.

All in all, I just want UW to be fun again. We need to stop trying so hard.

<3 - Daph.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks

Nymphadora Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

OMG! WHat happened? Sad( I have no idea.

To be perfectly honest, I miss the old UW. and I don't get the UN thing. Sad(

Can someone PM me to explain?

Remus left? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm honestly crying. Sad(

<3 Tonks
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/imnymphadora
Storeroom Greengrassi
Slytherin
Slytherin
Storeroom Greengrassi

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with everything that Sirius and Daphne said.

Okay, I'm just going to be honest here. My own opinions. Not anyone else's.

UW =/= UN. Yes, I absolutely love both of them to bits but, they just can't be like eachother. They're completely different sites with a different fandom and different characters. I think that some people, and I'm sorry if I offend you, and I'm NOT pointing fingers, do not realize this.
Honestly, I've noticed that Harry Potter has a broader fandom than Hetalia, and I love that, but THAT is what started this whole thing.

YES, this is UW. This was meant to be a RP site. But did we RP all the time in the "old days"?
I remember coming home from school every day and talking with Soupy about bands. That doesn't seem very in character to me...

The bottom line is in the "old days" we RPed when we wanted to. We can still do that now, but I think the big problem with that is that people will not want to roleplay a lot. So I'm really confused as to what to do. And finding a way to fix this.
I really like the idea that Soupy had about the seperate days, "Party Saturday? AVPM Sunday? Strict RP Tuesday? Crack Pairing Monday? OOC Thursday? AU Wednesday?", and I think that if people input their opinions accordingly and not just automatically rebel, causing an uproar, we can make a compromise that will make everyone happy.

I try to be a peace keeper (LiketheCanadianIam) while inserting my own ideas. But some people, including myself at times, feel so strongly about something that they just don't see the other side. I think that if we fix that problem, we wouldn't have this big problem.

It's stressful, it's infuriating, yes, but it usually also makes us stronger as a website when we get into disagreements. Because then we think of solutions and people abecome happy. I just want that to happen soon, because I don't know how much more of this I can handle. Life's been super stressful for me lately, and this added on top of that is even MORE stressful.

UW is UW. No matter what happens, I'm most likely still going to come on, sure I might be a little mad about what happens, but I am just not ready to leave this place yet.

If you disagree with me on something, I would appreciate it if you told me calmly, so we can have an intelligent discussion on that point. Please.

Please take everyone's opinions into consideration and try to see as they do. Broaden your horizons. Because let's face it. It's a hard knock life. We can't always get what we want. But if we compromise to put our ideas into action, we can all be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Also, I'd like to take a page from the Muppets here. This song makes me think of y'all. This is mega cheesy.

Life is a funny thing
Sometimes you laugh and sing
Sometimes you grumble and fuss
But either way, what do we care?
We got us

We have our ups and downs
Our share of smiles and frowns
But through it all we don't fuss
'Cause we got a special thing goin'
We got us

Some people like to go through their life single
Aw, that wouldn't suit us at all
Why sing a melody as a soliloquy
When it's more fun to be harmonizing

People they say we are, crazy the way we are
That we won't even discuss
'Cause what we got they can't smother
We'd trade our life for no other
They've only got one another
But we got us

Can we try to remember that?
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Molestrange
Slytherin
Slytherin
Bellatrix Molestrange

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I like Siri's idea aboot tweaking the days but what's AU Wednesday? I feel like I should know but I can't think of it

Although I would L O V E the old UW back, idrc what happens. I just don't want anyone to leave over this. Just because one person gets pissy and leaves, doesn't mean that the site is done for. Like srsly, don't get your panties up in a bunch because you want to have fun but someone else wants a strict RP and vise versa.

ok now i'm just rambling

I like everything Siri said. Ngl, I'm too lazy to read the rest >_>
Back to top Go down
http://iamawesome.com

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Bella: AU = Alternate Universe. I was thinking along the lines of utter ridiculousness.
And I agree. PEOPLE. NO BUNCHY PANTIES.
Back to top Go down
Ceddy
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
Ceddy

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with what Daph said. When we founded UN, I remember saying that we wouldn't try to make it into the 'craziness' of UW... and I agreed. Different sites have different rules, and I think we shouldn't try to make one site like another, seemingly 'better' site. And I don't think we should bring arguments about UW onto UN and vice versa. Each site was created for different purposes, and even if their original purpose was lost, the purpose that made most, if not everyone happy prevailed and that worked for everyone. Which is why I may not agree with the Canon-only pairings rule on AU, but I followed it. Since it was a rule for THAT SITE. And if I wanted to do crazy pairings, I would go to UN or UW. Just like if I wanted to srs RP, I would go to UN.

Everyone has their own opinion, and while we may not agree, at least LISTEN to each other. I like this forum Siri made because it forces us to listen. I think that's the main problem, we're not listening to other people's opinions and respecting them. And it's not just the admins. It's wrong to point fingers, we're all part of this 'problem' and I think we should all respect one another, or else it's never going to get solved. The reason why the 'old' UW worked is because we talked, we listened, we comforted each other, but now it's just RP of gtfo, and there's no way you can talk to each other if it's like that.

UW is UW, UN is UN, HOU is HOU and so on. And I think that we need to put more distance in between the sites. And we need to respect each other more.

And on Sirius' prospect of each day being different: I really am not TOO crazy about the one day being 'blahblahblah' day because then UW isn't really UW, it's just whatever day it is. We should just roll with it and be a little more relaxed like we used to, and if we all feel like we should have a character switch day or something, then we should do that.

Now that I think of it, I think this all started witht he Reality button. And I know I said it was wrong to point fingers, but I think the admins like dit so much that they just wanted it to be ALL the time.

But anyways. So ends my rant.

Love you alll <3

~Julian 'Sparkles' Diggory
Back to top Go down
Daphne Greensass

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:55 am

Cedric Diggory wrote:
The reason why the 'old' UW worked is because we talked, we listened, we comforted each other, but now it's just RP of gtfo, and there's no way you can talk to each other if it's like that.

Just adding to this. This is so true... It's like, UW used to be a rule free zone where I could come. Everywhere else has rules. Now it feels restricted, like school or something. This site was made for fun, guys, and I don't want it to be all strict.
Back to top Go down
Snape
Slytherin
Slytherin
Snape

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 am

I agree with Siri and Daph. I miss the old Uw where we had that that silly RPing type of thing. Now UW just seems too strict. And I agree with Cedric about the old UW working because we talked, listened, and comforted each other. And I like the idea where we have different theme days. I just don't want to fight because of a stupid disagreement. And I do think we might have gotten a little too OOC at times, but during the original UW I remember crazy RPing where everyone's characters were friends and it didn't matter if your character wasn't friends with another character in the book, and it did have the AVPM mixed in with book RPing. And when we first met on UC, I remember we were IC (except for me making Snape a girl...), yet there was something that made it fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:29 pm

I remember when I first came on.... I soon realized you could talk about RL very easily and it seemed sort of cool to. So I quickly adjusted to doing the same because let's agree, we all try to fit in at first. Well, most of us. Plus, UW was really only the fourth RP I had done knowing it was an RP, if we're counting what I did on AU before I came here. The only thing that I dislike about the old system of UW is a personal thing. I feel like I was a horrible RPer then and sorta the thing behind it is because really, we weren't trying to do the characters exactly like they are and again, I copied. My Ari was strong willed and random... and the whole thing with Teddy and Cedric.... I didn't like that. Well, at the least, I do not like it now. Before someone's like "DUDE YOU WERE A NOOB IN THE SUMMER IT'S NOT OUR FAULT LEAVE IF YOU DON'T LIKE US!" (Not saying that anyone will, I highly doubt they will, but you have to keep your mind open to the possibilities) my solution is sort of a compromise. Why should Sirius and Stori talking about bands randomly one day interfere with any RPing I want to do? And why should someone not being exactly like their character interfere? If I'm doing my best job, that's all RPing is about, right? You being the character. It's a singular thing. We may want to complain about how we want better interactions with someone we RP with, but c'mon! You're getting a chance to be another person with an amazing group of people who pretty much love you for no reason at all. You have a chance to start over. You have a chance to be part of UW's family.

In the end, there will be days where I'm very OOC too. Dude, I get into random stuff at least once a week and often incorporate a bit of it into my RPing. .....Plus, I'm sort of insane so I can do almost anything as long as I'm not right in the head. Trollface What I mean by that is that being crazy and random doesn't really affect my RPing... cause I already do that. :3

I love you all and you are all very amazing people. <2. Yes, <2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Read. Please.    Please Read. Please.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Read. Please.
Page 1 of 1